- Setting a climate finance target remains a first major milestone in the climate mainstreaming journey,
- Over the past two years, a growing number of FIs committed to align all their activities with climate goals,
- Alignment commitments and approaches have mostly focused on the mitigation goal of the Paris Agreement (e.g.:“net zero” commitments)
- Coalitions are starting to develop principles to assess the alignment of portfolios with the adaptation objectives and the contribution to adaptation.
- Approaches for assessing the alignment of clients are being developed
- Transition and resilience plans are more and more considered as important tools to develop an engagement strategy with clients
- Development finance institutions are providing their counterparts technical assistance and access to resources on climate mainstreaming, climate risk management and Paris alignment
- Climate strategies and sector policies have been revised by FIs (increasing support for mitigation and adaptation and aligning all of their operations with the Paris Agreement goal),
- Other aspects of sustainable development are being mainstreamed together with climate change (such as biodiversity or gender considerations).