- Institutional targets are the starting point to spread a climate strategy into a whole organization.
- Upstreaming climate change in strategic documents and programming, even before the discussion of specific projects with Governments is key to mainstreaming and taking climate change into consideration throughout
- Incorporating climate change across strategies and operations requires building a robust knowledge agenda on climate change and materials to build internal capacity within the institution and to permeate climate consideration across the operations of the different sectorial teams.
- Count on the support of “champions” at senior management level to help spread either climate-related priorities or the institutional target across the organization.
- Building a network of focal points across the sectorial divisions facilitates mainstreaming across the organization.
- Access to additional internal and external climate-tied resources is needed to make climate change considerations
“more attractive” for the project teams.