Key conclusions and recommendations of the report include:
- The inherent uncertainty associated with Paris-alignment methodologies calls for a precautionary approach to portfolio alignment.
- None of the methodologies covered in this report currently include or recommend including a climate scenario that is compatible with a reliable 1.5°C outcome.
- Robust sectoral policies can minimise any offsetting risks
- Scope of financing activities remains incomplete and underestimates transition risks
- The three methodologies vary greatly in scope and take different approaches to alignment