- Transparent reporting is essential to understand the scale and scope of climate finance and the actors involved. IDFC mapping reports highlight the important role of national and regional development banks in the mobilization and channeling of climate finance.
- Mapping reports also contribute to ongoing efforts of the international community to transparently track and disclose global climate adaptation and mitigation finance commitments.
- Mapping methodology and related data tracking processes need to be continuously improved over time to enhance transparency, comparability, consistency and flexibility to allow for a practical, adaptable, and coordinated universal reporting system to track climate finance.
- The progressive alignment of approaches for disclosure of climate finance data also allows for collaboration and crosscapitalization across IDFC members and beyond (e.g., IDFC-MDBs collaboration on establishing Common principles for tracking climate finance).
- Long-term commitment to constantly improve mapping methodology and implementation of comparable tracking and reporting processes is key.