Some of the key findings found within the report are as follows:
- There is a growing focus on the need to shift capital effectively and rapidly toward environmentally sustainable solutions to inumerable challenges.
- A shift from voluntary disclosure requirements to mandatory disclosure requirements is underway.
- Six recommendations on the process of developing policy:
- Formulate relevant regulations and connect them to reporting.
- Formulate key indicators and align them with globally recognized standards and frameworks.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders about the indicators.
- Ensure a monitoring and implementation system is in place for receiving reports and analysing data.
- Generate reports and publish information.
- Revisit indicators for updates annually.